Vice President, Commercial Real Estate Finance, Sydney
The Structurer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- The Structurer will hold a key role including pricing, developing innovative financial products for investors.
- Payoff Risk and P&L impact pre-trade and post-trade scenario analysis
- Customized back tests and client portfolio analysis
- Participate to the pre-trade & post-sales effort, closely working with dedicated institutional sales
- Participate to the development of new products/payoffs
- Marketing presentations and participation to client meetings
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same, demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services; and ensure that all team members understand the need to do the same
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years structuring experience from a financial institution
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple functional groups in a cohesive manner.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The above job description for "Structurer" is generic for the role.
More specifically to commercial real estate ("CRE"), this role is to lead the expansion and development of the Australia / New Zealand component of the institutional CRE finance business within the Global Spread Products organization in Citi Global Markets. The role is required to have a strong background and knowledge of ANZ commercial real estate markets, the institutional market participants and how institutional financing of CRE gets done, with a focus on leveraged capital structures. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial sense of where opportunities exist and how to pursue them. Risk management is a critical skillset, which contributes to strong deal and sponsor selection as well as sound structuring and portfolio monitoring.
Other required skillsets:
Job Family Group:
- Self starter, risk-taker, owner
- Outgoing personality for marketing, negotiation, and presentation
- High technical proficiency (Excel, data organization)
- Strong financial analysis skills (cash flow modelling, leveraged math)
- Strong structuring & logic skills
- Strong legal background (term sheets, loan documentation)
Institutional Trading Job Family:
Structuring Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting