Vice President, AU Securities Middle Office
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. About the Role
Operations support the firm's sales, trading and other business activities and has diverse responsibilities. The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit to address key internal and external issues. The Australia Branch encompasses the below functional roles & as the reporting manager across these teams, the role will be expected to manage the high level of supporting and risk across all functional lines and oversight supporting teams outside of the Australia Branch:
• Trade Support: AU/NZ Equity Markets
• Client Services: All Global Equity Markets
• Listed Derivatives - Cash Funding and Reconciliations + Client Services: AU/NZ markets
• Settlements: AU markets
• Projects: All Global Equity Markets Key Responsibilities Include:
• Oversight of day-to-day responsibilities within the AU Branch Operations teams.
• Ensuring all daily processes and SLAs are met within applicable timeframes.
• Providing leadership in the form of active management, appraisals, supervision & goal setting both individual and at a branch level.
• Actively monitoring and enhancing current control framework.
• Maintaining a culture of high performance and excellent service for both internal and external clients.
• Be an escalation point for team members and a key reference point for Legal, Risk, BU's and Compliance.
• Gaining understanding of local regulations and reporting requirements as they pertain to the onshore business; Industry Engagement
• Strategic planning and execution of Business Goals
• Active member of Asia Branch Management Team Qualifications: We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies
• Experience working with Australian market would be an advantage
• Ability to make tough decisions and act with urgency when required.
• Strong communication skills, willingness to transfer knowledge is imperative
• Team player, must be able to collaborate across multiple operational areas
• Detail oriented, focus on accuracy, prioritization & organisation skills
• Ability to think commercially and identify potential process improvements and savings for the firm
• Strong investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Acute awareness of risk, with clear focus on control and timely escalation of risk items to management
• Commitment, strong work ethic and leads by example Key Business Relationships
The incumbent will be required to work with stakeholders, in particular Clients, External Service Suppliers, Industry Stakeholders & Regulators and others across the organisation including: Technology, Business Management, Risk Management, Sales, Trading, Operations Management, Legal and Compliance, Tax, Finance, CTB, Asia Branch Operations Qualifications/Experience
• 6-10 years' experience in an operations role
• 5-8 years experience in varied middle office role is an advantage.
• Experience managing high performing teams.
• Understanding of regulatory rules and how they apply to the business Opportunities For The Individual
• Develop technical knowledge of the Operations function in a financial services organization.
• Work as part of a global team utilizing the resources and skills available to deliver solutions locally.
• Build skills in working across geographic locations within a multi-cultural environment, adapting solutions to different cultural environments.
• Clear progression path for future career development Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.