UNIX Systems Administrator - VP
Position Overview Overview
The In-house UNIX Services team is searching for a candidate who is proficient within a UNIX (Solaris) and Linux environment, to take on a senior role in UNIX incident and problem management. The role requires a UNIX Systems Administrator (SA) with extensive experience in a large investment banking environment. The SA would have a high level of experience with systems administration, configuration management, performance management, troubleshooting, analysis and capacity planning. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience within systems administration, along with knowledge of physical infrastructure and hardware such as HP ProLiant DL380/580 G7/8/9/10, Sun M-Series and Oracle T-Series servers.
This candidate will be part of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) who will provide fast diagnosis and service recovery during high severity managed incidents, and follow up with the most robust problem management possible. This team will be on hand to bring immediate expert assistance to the Major Incident Management team (MIM), such that they can work alongside the support staff from either DB teams or external service providers and assist with problem diagnosis and resolution. Key responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide dedicated support during all high criticality managed incidents.
- Consultation on advanced system tunings to application specific requirements.
- Liaison with application owners on the technology roadmap, such as Operating System & hardware upgrades, 3rd party software upgrades, etc...
- Rapid response to incidents.
- Working closely with Deutsche Bank engineering teams and third party vendors.
- Interface with IT and business clients at all levels of the organization
- Follow the sun model (including weekend support)
- Some out of hours and weekend work will be required to comply with applicable change windows.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux and Oracle Solaris, AIX also desirable.
- 10+ years of experience with systems administration: upgrades, patching and configuration management, performance management, troubleshooting, analysis and capacity planning.
- 10+ years of experience with Veritas products (Cluster and Volume management) on Solaris
- Experience of working with EMC storage replication technologies on Solaris and LINUX, with skill set to cover other storage technologies.
- Strong skills in Networking & advanced systems tuning, network topology and firewalled environments.
- Full understanding the principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide file system layout, Ethernet, bonding, server backplane technologies.
- Experience installing layered products in a timely fashion, analyzing & troubleshooting complex systems and familiarity with IT Service Management procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to work in a highly pressurized multitask environment
- Experience in Perl and Shell scripting, in order to be able to analyze and troubleshoot.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.