Transformation & Governance Manager
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Value diversity? It's what sets us apart.
- Interested in a career beyond accounting?
- With a diverse range of projects, we'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one.
An opportunity exists in our Transformation and Governance team within our Deals, Tax & Legal division for a Manager/Senior Manager to assist in the Tax Governance Practice.
About the role
The duties of this position will involve:
- Assisting clients in the utilisation of KPMG's Tax Control Room, an innovative cloud-based solution built to assist clients in assessing, benchmarking and demonstrating their tax performance together with managing governance, risk and controls.
- Facilitating workshops arising from Tax Control Room outcomes and presenting final assessments to stakeholders.
- Advising management and developing action plans for required changes to tax governance and risk management practices.
- Developing and implementing tax risk management frameworks, policies and strategies and risk and control matrices including identifying key risks and assisting in the implementation of processes and controls.
- Drafting transparency statements for financial reporting purposes.
- Identifying, documenting, assessing and testing controls across tax processes in risk and assurance engagements - in particular internal audits.
- Assist with development of tax operating models for corporations.
Whilst it is useful for you to have tax knowledge it is not essential. it is critical that you have excellent project management skills, the ability to engage with stakeholders and all levels and comfortable in the delivery of workshops and presentations.
You will have experience in risk and controls, internal audit, lean six sigma and finance.
What we offer you
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 162,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential. In Australia, and globally, KPMG is recognized as an employer of choice, including receiving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality from WGEA, and a Top 10 Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online or call David Broughton on 03 9838 4277
Advertised: 14 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time