As a Trading Systems/DevOps Engineer you will be part of a highly experienced team, responsible for maintaining a robust, best in class, extremely low latency Linux trading environment. The skills necessary to excel could range from system administration, network troubleshooting, database tuning, development, release management and performance engineering. This role provides daily challenges as no day is the same as the next. You will interact closely with other systems, performance and network engineers as well as traders and developers across the office.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide continuity and stability to the production trading environment.
- Translate trading requests into concrete technical requirements, work with various focus teams in our organizations towards generating innovative and scalable solutions and finally implement those solutions in order to continuously enhance our systems and processes.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Contribute towards improving the trading strategy as well as the trading infrastructure.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Qualifications in Computer Science, IT Engineering, or Technology. Previous experience within financial services preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Linux operating system.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes a plus)
- Excellent command of Python/Go/Bash scripting.
- DevOps focused mindset.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Broad experience across Mongo, MySQL, Java, and Puppet is beneficial but not a prerequisite.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- IMC is on the cutting edge of financial applications, processing terabytes of data daily for mission-critical trading
- We always aim to use the right tools for the trade, regardless of hype. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will often try, adopt and incorporate that new technology.
- The landscape is always changing creating new and exciting challenges. What we focus on today is very different than what we focused on two years ago.
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared globally between our offices, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- Working at IMC is a great way to gain exposure to and learn about financial markets and technology. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.