- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Our Trading Operations team supports the growing Asia Pacific region from a trade support, trader administration and operations perspective. An opportunity exists for an experienced Trader Assistant to join us in Sydney, being responsible for efficient trader support and operations.
This role will report directly to the Senior Trader in Sydney and will work closely with the trading team and other trader assistants.
You will be hands-on, positive and enthusiastic, with knowledge of financial instruments such as options, futures, and equity derivatives. As you will be working with experienced traders in the financial sector, understanding how to work directly with traders and having good working relationships is essential.
To learn what it's like to work at SIG, check out a Day in the Life .
- Day to day administration and support to traders-maintain a smooth working environment for the trader
- Liase with trading desk and brokers
- Prepare pricing sheets
- Under direct supervision of a trader will be responsible for changing market prices and executing trades
- Trade capture and reporting
- Upload OTC trades to prime brokers
- Reconciliation of positions market value between prime brokers and desk
- Generate daily Profit and Loss reports
What we're looking for
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough mastery of Excel and Access
- Financial markets experience
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledge / experience in Asian markets preferred
It is also important that you have the following personal attributes.
- Team player
- Confident, assertive, quick-thinking
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
SIG are a collaborative, innovative and cohesive community of extraordinary individuals. We have fantastic benefits (breakfast, lunch, gym onsite, social events, poker) and love our work and our colleagues.
If you're interested in being considered for this role, please apply now for immediate consideration.
We don't post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.