Technical Lead - Full Stack Developer
GCB 5 Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be critical in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth by being responsible for end to end delivery of IT projects. The Technical Lead must adhere to the HSBC agreed processes, methodologies and group standards. The Technical Lead must strive to deliver the assigned project within the agreed scope, budget timelines and with a high degree of quality. The Technical Lead is responsible for all project decisions and must understand the business objectives as well as delivery constraints from Engineering and be able to strike a good balance between the two. The incumbent must have strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to be able to face off tough business stakeholders and negotiate targets and outcomes that are realistic and benefit both business and IT. Responsibilities:
• Lead all end to end technology design, architecture, development
• Manage the federated development relationship with the Global team
• Drive the establishment of effective project controls, procedures and quality assurance processes.
• Lead the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
• Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
• Promote and take accountability for project quality; identify opportunities to improve delivery
• Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive the adoption of HSBC project standards and work in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
• Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization.
• Contribute to team activities which include performance management and professional development. Qualifications Requirements:
• Must have worked as a Technical Lead, managing end to end deliveries in a software development team.
• Must hold a graduate degree
• 8 Year+ Java development experience
• Java 1.6 +
• Spring MVC and Spring Integration, IOC, Security
• Swing, JQuery
• J2EE JMS (MQ/Solace), JSP, RMI, Servlets, EJB, REST/SOAP, Web Services
• Unix/Linux shell scripting, sh, KSH
• XML, XSLT, XSD, JSON, XPath
• Maven releases
• Jenkins/TeamCity builds
• Oracle SQL PL/SQL, JDBC & Hibernate
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.