Systems Engineering Associate - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
Play a key role in operating, monitoring and improving the measurable uptime, availability, and performance of critical Tableau services our global customers depend on. More importantly, you will work multi-functionally to help us transform our business and operations to center around strong cloud-based products.
The Systems Engineering Associate is a hands-on role reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Systems Engineering who will operate as an Incident Manager for all Cloud related service impacts. As Systems Engineering Associate, you will lend your deep knowledge of the Incident Management space to working cooperatively with Tableau developers running their Online services in Production. Outside of building and improving the tools and processes, you will help drive deep technical investigations and provide guidance on standard methodologies to follow with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
You'll join a team of highly collaborative and passionate people on a mission to help people see and understand data, who are dedicated to building a fantastic company and workplace, and who are relentlessly focused on our customers and building amazing products.
Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are...
- Deep technical understanding of monitoring and alerting systems, specifically how they can be tuned for efficiency and provide actionable alerts.
- Help develop and enhance synthetic monitoring tools for Tableau's SaaS product offering.
- Define the tools and design workflows Tableau engineering teams use for mitigating their incidents effectively and tracking the root causes.
- Proactively identify problems that may lead to a poor customer experience and work across service owners to fix them before they impact customers.
- Help define team goals and initiatives, identifying areas for investing in tooling, new training, or process improvement opportunities.
- You are technically solid. Proficient in at least 1 programming language with a deep understanding of the following - Cloud platform technologies - AWS EC2 and Kubernetes preferred, configuring monitoring and alerting systems and process management - ITIL experience a plus. 3+ years progressive experience in an Operations, Engineering or Support role as an Incident Manager working with online services preferably across a globally distributed team.
- You have Domain knowledge. Working knowledge of Cloud native architecture with a strong understanding of networking best practices, Internet protocols, and OSI layer model. You must have a passion for Incident Management and making continuous improvements. Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study or equivalent practical experience with Cloud applications and infrastructure architecture.
- You are a team player. You are flexible and work and play well with others.
- You are a performer. You have a proven track record of strong project management abilities and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You pay attention to the fine print . Detail-oriented individual capable of working independently while maintaining a collaborative presence on the team.
- You are a recruiter. Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.