To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details Salesforce.com
is looking for a self motivated person to join its IT Department as an Infrastructure Engineer to build and operate multi cloud infrastructures. The IT Infrastructure Engineer will work along with a 3rd party Managed Service Provider and be responsible for providing support to end users on a wide range of IT infrastructure technologies and processes for multiple customer groups.
This includes, but not limited to laptops and virtual machines, server applications, identity management, security remediation, and collaboration technologies (email, document sharing, chat, etc). The Engineer will be responsible for designing and managing the internal wiki site, building Standard Operating Procedures, end user guides, and policies. This engineer will provide support to Salesforce employees during the APAC time zone with a focus on employees based out of the Greater China Region. Capability to speak Mandarin and read and write in Simple Chinese is highly desired.
The Engineer will need to be able to interact with and present to peer engineers, the business, and senior leadership. A successful candidate is someone who is willing to expand exposure to a wide range of IT technologies, excited about excellent customer service and keen on process improvement and documentation. Responsibilities:
- Closely coordinate with 3rd Party Managed Service Provider on day to day support to end users
- Resolve complex IT issues and incidents across a variety of technologies spanning cloud services, server applications, identity management, compute, network, client endpoints
- Review process gaps, frequently occurring issues and resolve them through building knowledge articles, process changes and/or introducing new tools
- Ownership of key IT processes: Asset Management (Software & Hardware), User Access provisioning & Termination, Change Management, Knowledge Management for end users & support team, Incident Management etc.
- Work with vendors to maintain cloud & on-prem infrastructures.
- Partner with security to remediate any security gaps of services, systems, and networks.
- Negotiate adherence to standards and manage expectations with the business.
- 4+ years of broad IT work experience supporting end user services and IT Help Desk
- Good skills with core Windows and AD/Domain & DNS management, laptop & virtual machine provisioning
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies or concepts quickly.
- Good documentation skills to write process & user guides
- Ability to build and maintain data repositories for tracking assets and key operational metrics
- Breadth of knowledge of various infrastructure services, cloud services, systems, storage, databases, network, endpoints, mobile devices, collaboration services. Experience with Office 365, Slack, Azure Cloud and Alibaba Cloud will be a big plus.
- Must be a self starter. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and balance conflicting demands.
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with experience in producing reports highlighting operational metrics and issues.
- Ability to perform verbal communication in Mandarin and read Simple Chinese is highly desired
- Strong communication skills and experience working with team members in other time zones
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.