Systems Development Engineer - Security Engineering
Amazon's Security Engineering is looking for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about building scaled software supporting the high-tempo needs of security operations at Amazon. Threat intelligence, detection, monitoring, hunting, and response. Forensics, malware, security analysis and machine learning. If these concepts interest you - read on!
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
• have experience in shipping software designs and partnering with systems engineers, development engineers and technical program managers
• demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation
• take an active part in leading the design, development and operations of software/tooling used to keep Amazon's customers safe
• ship software in a fast-paced environment and collaborate on new approaches to building and serving Amazon's security
Our systems/products are critical path and used by security engineers daily in their quest to defend Amazon and its customers against internal and external threats. The role reports to a Software Development Manager located in Seattle, USA with a geographically distributed team across Seattle and Sydney.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction applications in a 24/7 dev ops environment
• 6+ years of industry experience in software development with Java, C#, or other similar object-oriented language
• Experience with software development methodologies like Kanban, SCRUM, or Scrumban; ability to communicate and interpret requirements documented via user stories or technical specs.
• Experience with full stack development teams, owning APIs, UIs, and data stores. Operating software in data centers or cloud environments
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills. Knowledge scripting languages a plus
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Understanding of DevOps and operational support of software in production; build tolls and CI/CD
• Experience with Amazon Web Services tech stack is a plus. Working knowledge of core AWS products [S3, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, ELBs, Route53 etc.]
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to partner with engineers, program managers, and customers
• Ability to think outside of the box, innovating and driving product vision for the space, focusing on goals and needs of end customers
• Ability to deal with high degree of ambiguous/undefined set problems; ability to think abstractly and big, solutioning on your feet
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience is a plus