Success Agent (Technical Support, Bilingual English/Mandarin)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
In the Technical Support Engineer role, you will work primarily with enterprise customers of Tableau's server and core server products, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, configuration and set up tasks, or customers of Tableau's Desktop products, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, data connectivity, performance and analysis of data. Responsibilities include triaging and resolving highly complex, technical, and application-related issues which impact product performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of Tableau products.
Apply in-depth engaged diagnostic technical troubleshooting skills to identify customer issue and perform root cause analysis. Apply mixture of system, database, and application knowledge towards troubleshooting and resolving critical and complex issues. Use skills in debugging to identify steps to reproduce the issue, determine likely cause, and prepare detailed, actionable bug reports for Engineering. Throughout the case resolution process, maintain superb relationship with the customer by keeping them informed throughout and ensure continued collaboration with Engineering and Product Management teams. As customer advocate, provide detailed feedback to Engineering and Product Management on feature enhancements to improve supportability and product quality.
This role must ramp up quickly in knowledge of Tableau's Desktop and Server Products, including licensing, activation-related installation specifications/settings, and configuration requirements for optimal product performance. In addition to working with customers, the Technical Support Engineer will routinely collaborate with Technical Support, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Consultants to resolve issues.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are...
- Effectively communicate with customers via email, phone and other electronic methods to ensure client's effective use of Tableau products. Maintain excellent relationships with Tableau customers by applying superb customer service and technical skills. Perform in-depth troubleshooting to identify root cause while understanding the customer's skill level and communicating with them in the manner most appropriate. Use excellent judgment in when and how to communicate with customer for maximum effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate and consult with select server and core server clients to implement successful server launches, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with deployment.
- Collaborate and consult with Tableau Desktop clients to successfully integrate (installation, data connectivity, analysis and performance) the application into their business, and to resolve highly complex technical issues associated with integration.
- Apply in-depth troubleshooting and debugging skills along with knowledge of systems, databases, and applications to get to root cause of the customer's issue. Set up test environments to mirror customer set-up, write test scripts, and perform tests using customer's data or representative data. Apply solid test methodology and debugging skills to narrow down the problem as needed. Communicate effectively to Sustaining Engineering step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue and findings to identify root cause.
- Partner with clients and help them optimize the use of Tableau software by using skill in listening and understanding the customer's request thoroughly combined with in-depth technical knowledge to assist them in the manner most appropriate. Lead support case resolution efforts for customer cases by using skill in troubleshooting and debugging, identifying root cause, communicating bugs to Sustaining Engineering in a manner that requires little to no additional research on the part of the Engineer. Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Engineering and Product Management.
- Extensively research and document customer software and technical issues as Knowledge Base articles as appropriate. Using a mixture of system, application and database knowledge, research and reproduce issues. Use excellent written communication skills to produce useful Knowledge Base articles to be applied to the external Knowledge Base used by Tableau customers. Contribute substantially to the ongoing development of the Knowledge Base.
- Utilize Knowledge Base articles as a resource to solve customer issues, researching the Knowledge Base as a step in the troubleshooting process.
- Collaborate with Technical Support, Product Management, Sustaining Engineering and Sales Consultants to resolve issues by applying excellent technical, customer service, and interpersonal skills in building solid cross-functional relationships.
- Mentor Technical Support Specialists in researching, resolving and documenting customer server issues, including bug reports, etc.
- Escalate support cases and priority issues to management as appropriate using good judgment in when and how to escalate.
- Maintain appropriate case- and customer-related files and records.
- Prioritize customer cases and company projects effectively, communicating priorities and plans to management.
- Have the ability and desire to work the different shifts required to accommodate the needs of the APAC Region
- Problem Solver. You are a natural problem solver with a curiosity about technology. Others might describe you as a highly creative, curious technologist, and you have excellent research skills.
- Communicator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized. You have an uncanny ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume workload and handle details accurately and in a timely manner under pressure. Your organizational skills are impeccable.
- Educated. You have a Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative major or equivalent experience.
- Experienced. You have experience in Customer Service or supporting enterprise mission-critical applications.
- Detail Oriented. You have the ability to multi-task and handle frequent interruptions.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
#LI-KS2 Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.