Strategic Risk Director - Consulting (LMT)
- Pathway to Partnership - receive support and mentoring to progress your career
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstance
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
With commercial strategic risk experience, support our dynamic Consulting team in a diverse Director role and shape the future of professional services.
What will your typical day look like?
Your day will be far from typical. With diverse responsibilities, you will liaise with decision makers, legal practitioners and other stakeholders involved in deals and resulting engagements to identify strategic risk themes, support the mitigation of these across a number of new and emerging contexts and refine commercial positions. You will also have accountability for critically evaluating, defining and evolving appropriate frameworks which will support and empower our practitioners to become more risk intelligent. You will take a broad view of risk across a diverse portfolio and work to build trusted relationships at all levels.
This will involve activities including:
About the team
- Strategic Business Partnering as it relates to practical, considered and timely advice to help the Consulting business.
- Actively advising on commercial, risk and quality related matters for priority opportunities - working with senior legal counsel and Partners.
- Provision of advice to Consulting delivery teams including management and resolution of commercially related risks, issues and other concerns for priority engagements.
The Consulting Quality and Risk team are a dedicated and respected group of commercially minded individuals. They have extensive experience guiding the delivery of large transformational technology based engagements and facilitating the launch of new products and solutions to market. Supporting our highly regarded Consulting team nationally, they work closely alongside the Partners to assist them to develop opportunities, win work and deliver value.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Experience facilitating big deals
- Knowledge of legal and commercial terminology
- Strong negotiation skills
- A strategic and commercial mindset
- Risk management experience
- Experience of large scale complex technology delivery
- Strong teaming and leadership skills
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as stakeholder management.
- Experience user of Microsoft desktop applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint)
- Passionate about clients, practical problem solving, recognising risk and identifying quality deliverables
- 7+ years of professional services experience and/or experience in a similar role.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. Next Steps
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative future focused team working at the forefront of Consulting in Australia. If you have any questions or wish to have a private conversation about this role, contact Melanie Hawcroft from the Talent Acquisition team. We'd love to hear from you!
The minimum salary requirement for this role is $140,000 inclusive of 9.5% superannuation.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP164960