Sr. Specialist Solutions Architect Leader - Analytics Acceleration Lab
DESCRIPTION Would you like to lead a team that is transforming how customers technically validate Analytics Solutions and POCs? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as BFSIs, Telcos, retails, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great - things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. Learn more about life at Amazon. It is always Day One.
We're looking for a Sr. Manager to lead a team of solutions architects to work with customers on proving the technical success criteria of Analytics architectures. You will be building a new team, dubbed the "POC Factory" which seeks to engage and prove the technical value of AWS in a Data warehouse context. The successful candidate must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. In addition, you will be responsible for running the program, including creating metrics and mechanisms in order to track the success of this initiative.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technologies in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new solutions. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other teams within AWS, including services teams, field solutions architecture, sales, marketing, business development, and professional services. You will appropriately recognize, reward and represent your team to executive management. You should be passionate about helping companies/partners understand best practices for operating on AWS.
Other qualities we are looking for:
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud solutions experts for a diverse and challenging set of customers
• Have a strong understanding of emerging technology solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
• Understand the intersection of business and technology executives in selling and positioning analytics in the enterprise
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Formulate and execute a POC program to exceed revenue objectives for APJ
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new POC Engineers
• Create repeatable assets like intake forms, qualification, workshops, etc
• Coach POC Engineers in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, blog posts, and other high-value customer facing collateral
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of technical design/implementation/consulting experience working with analytics technologies
• 5+ years of leadership experience in a technical, customer-facing role in the technology industry
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
• MBA/Technical Master's Degree
• Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
• Experience working with new product/service development teams
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Experience deploying large-scale production quality systems
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO)
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
• Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
• Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications