Sr Manager Specialist DB SSA
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their Database and Analytics Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on Amazon Aurora.
You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will ...
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Key job responsibilities
• Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon Aurora.
• Devise Strategy - and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Databse & Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
• Thought Leadership - Provide global thought leadership on Database solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
• Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
• Drive the AWS platform by aligning customer requirements with AWS service teams' roadmaps by prioritizing customer requests.
• In partnership with the sales teams and service teams formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects.
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
• 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
• 7+ years of experience leading customer-facing technical teams
• 3+ years of experience leading other leaders PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Operational - Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
• Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
• Possession of both technical and customer-facing skills enabling perception as a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Hands on experience as a database administrator, data warehouse architect or big data developer.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• AWS Certifications, e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional