Sr. Manager, Software Development
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. It is comprised of millions of devices, and requires advanced software automation to manage it seamlessly for our customers. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
We are looking for a leader to own the deployment automation systems for the entire Amazon network. Through high judgement, this leader will own the end to end delivery of these deployment services, including requirements, roadmap, development, testing, delivery, and operation of the services.
The Senior Manager in this role will be responsible for:
• Leading the deployment software teams, including roadmap development, planning and execution responsibilities while providing guidance to the senior leadership team.
• Creating a vision and plan for the team to execute by targeting gaps and identifying innovation opportunities to resolve security, availability, scalability, performance, agility and cost efficiency challenges.
• Responsible for the operational health of the deployment services
• Serve as the single-threaded owner for all network deployment safety, providing guidelines and tools to network customers to allow them to manage the network safely.
• Building a world class team by attracting and retaining industry leading talent.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators and builders at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of Cloud Computing.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field, or minimum 10 years of equivalent work experience.
• 10 + years combined of broad engineering experience required in one of the following areas: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments.
• 5 + years experience managing a team responsible for the leading the delivery of large-scale systems focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack in an Agile environment.
• 3 + years of experience managing a layer managers below you as well as IC as direct reports.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 1+ year relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Experience mentoring/training engineering community on complex technical issues