Sr. Cloud Service Delivery Manager
DESCRIPTION AWS Managed Services (AMS) is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full life-cycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are looking for someone that is at the forefront of transformational technology and has experience assisting enterprise customers take advantage of a growing set of AWS services and features to run their mission-critical applications. The Senior Cloud Service Deliver Manager Role is engaged with the client account level and is a trusted advisor; providing a forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AMS customers onboard to AMS, and lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships. The successful candidate will be working closely with other AWS teams to ensure that all changes to a customer's environments are smoothly carried out while meeting customer requirements to onboard to AMS.
The ideal candidate must possess customer presentation skills that enable you to represent AWS well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding incidents, trade-offs, best practices, and risk management. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges as you help our customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings and quick innovation available in the AWS cloud. You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Earn a Trusted Client Advisory relationship with our clients and team.
• Work with customers to provide visibility and guidance around their AWS Services account through regular Operational Service Reviews and Reporting.
• Work with application owners to develop and standardize test, upgrade, and release management processes.
• Engage with Director and C-Level executives to understand business needs.
• Go "toe to toe" with customer technical stakeholders on most issues.
• Be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to ensure that the customer's requirements are met.
• Raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs and/or issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature requests).
• Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone).
• Triage technical issues.
• Provide oversight of escalation, prioritization, and drive customer communication during critical events.
• Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies.
• Understanding customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, cloud adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPI, to measure and monitor benefits realization.
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
• Be available outside of business hours to help coordinate handling of urgent issues as needed.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or relevant experience
• 6+ years of experience working in a customer facing service delivery/technical account management role with high level of accountability.
• 6+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role (design/implementation/ consulting) at a cloud services provider, managed services provider or managed hosting provider.
• Hands on experience leading large-scale Cloud based IT transformation projects
Technical Program or Project Management experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues. This role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers, presentations, project plans and other written deliverables.
• Experience with creating and executing Operations Integration (OI) projects as part of a larger transformation
• Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Possess AWS Certifications • Masters/MBA degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us