Specialist, Risk Architecture and Governance
At IAG, our purpose is to make your world a safer place. We are customer led and data driven and believe we have important responsibilities to enable the communities and people we service to be safer, stronger and more confident. In order to deliver on this purpose, we expect our people to demonstrate the IAG Spirit, take reasonable care for their Health & Safety and to celebrate and respect diversity in all its forms. About Us
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. #CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The purpose of the role is to:
Key accountabilities you will have
- Design, maintain and improve the Risk Frameworks and Policies to ensure risk management within IAG is compliant, practical and market leading.
- Ensure appropriate and effective Governance across the organisation to support the Group's strategic objectives.
- Improvement to the risk frameworks and policies to ensure they are compliant, efficient and effective for end users; moving towards best practice; and appropriate for the risks encountered by the organisation.
- Working closely with risk colleagues to ensure alignment and consistency of risk frameworks and policies for the risk classes.
- Ensure Governance across the organisation is effective and appropriate, this includes all aspects of governance such as Board, management and project.
- Ensure updates to frameworks and policies are timely and take into consideration feedback from risk and business stakeholders.
- Where required, design and develop new risk frameworks and policies.
- Provide risk input and support Group processes, including but not limited to Strategic planning process, risk notes to the financial accounts, risk section of the Financial Condition Report, etc.
- Promote IAG Purpose and Spirit of Closer, Braver, Faster to create a positive, proactive culture across the Risk team.
- Continually scan the market for best practice in governance, new and improved approaches to framework and policy design understanding potential impacts on IAG and its customers and translate that into an appropriate course of action
Experiences, Capabilities & Qualifications
- Budgetary authority - Nil
- Delegated authority - Nil
- People Authority - Role has no direct reports
Required experience & skill requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years in Insurance or Financial Services
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline
- Proven relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to actively keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach
- An appropriate insurance qualification, e.g. ANZIFF Cert IV in Financial Services, and/or tertiary degree or equivalent level of industry experience.
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications close 9th December 2019
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.