Specialist, Data Governance
Specialist, Data Protection #Closer #Braver #Faster The Role
The purpose of the role is to support the Group in maintaining effective governance over its data assets, including ensuring we comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requirements, internal policies and the ethical standards we apply to our use of data.
Your contribution will primarily be through the management of access to our enterprise data systems and performing compliance reviews to ensure we comply with external regulatory and internal policy requirements. Key Responsibilities
Accountability 1 - Support Data Governance Platforms (60%):
- Drive key operational processes & platforms owned by the Data Governance team - including data access compliance processes, data classification and data masking.
- Act as SME for Data Governance processes, standards and architectures and act as an escalation point for Data Governance where required.
- Publish & maintain guidance in a form that can be consumed easily by end users - both technical and business.
- Design risk assessment matrices and process maps to support future automation goals and projects.
- Support evaluation and and implementation activities for new Data Governance tools, standards and processes
Accountability 2 - Conduct Data Governance Assessments (30%):
- Conduct appropriate use, data privacy and commercial agreement assessments over data requests.
- Escalate risks, compliance incidents and breaches to management in a timely manner and support stakeholders with remediation activities required.
Accountability 3 - Advocate & Champion Data Governance (10%):
Skills & Experience
- Engaging and educating key stakeholders as well as technical and operational teams across the business on data governance processes and procedures.
- Act as the key advisory contact for nominated business areas or projects.
- Experience with information security controls and solutions with the ability to drive technical data protection conversations.
- Detailed and process-oriented by nature, with the ability to provide pragmatic advice in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work autonomously and maintain effective communication across different business, technical and risk teams with varying levels awareness & knowledge.
- (Desirable) Familiarity with data privacy regulations and data privacy engineering/best practice.
- (Desirable) Experience working with Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA & Confluence).
- (Optional) Familiarity with insurance industry concepts and regulations.
- (Desirable) Tertiary degree in Information Technology & Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Security or equivalent professional experience.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.
Please note, applications will close Sunday 24th November.