Solutions Architect, Startups
Do you want to be part of the team helping startups to become the unicorns of the future?
Are you passionate about start-ups and how technology can help them accelerate their growth?
Do you like helping fast-moving companies solve technical problems?
Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including integration approaches?
Amazon Web Services, (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with startups and scale-ups across a wide range of industries, and different stages in their lifecycle. You will be equally at ease working with key customers on their specific deep architectural discussions, and also participating in startup community and scale activities.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading software engineering teams at fast-moving and growing companies within the tech and startup industry; preferably with experience in data and analytics; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment or the broader startup community; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give credible guidance to software developers and architects.
Key job responsibilities
• Help a diverse range of startups to adopt the right architecture at each part of their lifecycle
• Support startups in architecting scalable, reliable and secure solutions
• Support adoption of a broad range of AWS services to deliver business value and accelerate growth
• Support the evolution and roadmap of the AWS platform and services, connecting our engineering teams with our customers for feedback
• Establish and build technical relationships within the startup ecosystem, including accelerators, incubators and VCs
• Develop startup specific technical content, such as blog posts, sample code and solutions, to assist customers solve technical problems and reduce time-to-market
A day in the life
Want to find out what it's like to be a Solutions Architect at AWS? Watch this video (https://bit.ly/3keYcC9)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of production IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions, and microservices architectures)
• Practical operational experience, including monitoring application and infrastructure performance and reliability
• Broad understanding of technologies in the developer ecosystem, including IDEs, developer frameworks, continuous integration platforms
• Familiarity with DevOps philosophy, practices, and tools
• Knowledge of the latest developments in NoSQL databases, Containers and Real time data and analytics solutions PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Computer Science or Math background / degree highly desired
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Technical lead engineering experience with a technology startup company
• AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associate, Developer, Professional
• Hands-on experience with a wide range of Amazon Web Services