Solutions Architect (Media & Entertainment)
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect to help Media and Entertainment companies increase their agility and innovation by using cloud computing technologies.
As a Solutions Architect within the Solution Architect organisation of AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing services within Media and Entertainment companies. As a trusted advisor, you will work closely with those organizations to help them understand cloud best practices and how to migrate existing workloads to AWS. You will guide Media and Entertainment customers on how to make the most of AWS to build new services and features that improve end user loyalty and engagement. You will use the AWS Well Architected framework to review existing customer implementations and recommend optimizations for their security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will be given the chance to define or invent cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of Media and Entertainment use cases (e.g. Content Creation, Media Asset Management, Media processing, Video on Demand, Over the Top Delivery and Digital Publishing, Data & Analytics and Machine Learning).
The ideal candidate will have experience building and operating reliable and secure Internet-scale platforms such as a Solutions Architect, Platform engineer, Data engineer or Software Developer. You might also have customer facing experience, having worked in roles such as a Solutions Architect, Pre-sales engineer, Consultant, Professional Services or other similar role.
Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable architectures combined with great communication skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the team to help formulate a strategy to help the adoption of AWS within the ANZ Media & Entertainment vertical.
• Guide customers to increase their success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers and become their trusted advisor supporting their project's success.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Help educate M&E customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Help provide one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architecture community.
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available, Internet-scale applications.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Architects, IT Management and developers.
• Strong written communication skills.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Technical degree (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Demonstrated experience of AWS technologies.
• Solid understanding of DevOps tooling and CI/CD.
• Experience with security/compliance frameworks/services in AWS.
• Practical experience in Containers and Container orchestration.
• Experience with mass migration and application modernisation
• Experience working with content processing and protection.
• Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and caching technologies for delivery of content to consumers.
• Experience with M&E Workflow
• Knowledge of the Media & Entertainment ISV and Partner ecosystem.