Solution Architecture Manager - NSW
DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and collaborative pre-sales managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of technology leaders, innovators, and disruptors in the Australian Public Sector. Your team will help customers architect highly scalable and available workloads, cloud native applications, and innovative solutions in various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless computing. If you are someone who likes to work with customers and solve complex challenges, AWS is hiring Senior Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed to enable outcomes. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great - things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. Learn more about life at Amazon. It is always Day One.
At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their team, for the company and for our customers.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect, technical pre-sales, or a similar role and experience managing a team of a Solution Architects. You will have an ability to grow your leadership skills as well as diving deep into various hands-on solutions while developing new skills, so you can make strong contributions in architecture transformation discussions.
How You'll Grow
At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
• Educate Public Sector customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates".
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Work closely with the Australian Country manager to define strategy and to engage with senior government stakeholders.
At Amazon, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Amazon can mean for you.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS 7+ years' design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
• 5+ years' management of technical, customer facing architects
• 5+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises.
• Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP)
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in working with Public Sector, especially in Australia.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status