Solution Architect, ANZ, Oracle Apps on AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
AWS offers enterprises a number of solutions for migrating and deploying their Oracle enterprise applications on the AWS cloud. Customers can launch entire enterprise software stacks from Oracle on the AWS cloud, and they can build enterprise-grade Oracle applications using database and middleware software from Oracle. Currently AWS supports eBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Hyperion and several other Oracle enterprise applications. Oracle customers can also use their existing Oracle database licenses on Amazon EC2 with no additional license fees. So, whether your customer is a long-time Oracle customer or a new user, AWS can get them started quickly.
As an Oracle Apps on AWS, Solutions Architect, you will work directly with customers to develop cloud migration strategies for their business-critical Oracle systems. You will be a key member of the Oracle go-to-market (GTM) team, which is focused on winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing organization and drive AWS's Oracle Apps on AWS strategy.
The ideal candidate will possess deep technical skills in Oracle ERP products, IT infrastructure, and cloud computing. In addition, the candidate must have excellent customer facing skills that will enable you to represent AWS and earn trust with customers at multiple levels (architect, administrators, IT managers, CIO, procurement). The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
• Respond to detailed client and prospect proposals (RFP/RFI/RFx)
• Engage with customers to develop an approach to migrate complex, on-premise landscapes to the cloud
• Execute customer facing technology and innovation workshops
• Create solution prototypes to meet customer requirements
• Assist customers with complex solution sizing of technology components (O/S, Database, Data Warehouses, Data Lakes)
• Engage with customers to model and design their current state architecture, target state architecture, and transition architecture
• Demonstrate a technical expertise in Oracle Apps system administration, including backup and recovery, database tuning and health checks, system installation, HA/DR, and security.
• Develop and deliver customer-facing technology content including whitepapers, blogs, podcast, videos, and presentations.
• Significant travel is expected. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of experience in infrastructure and database architecture, technical pre-sales, technology transformation, enterprise solution blue printing, or Solution Architect experience in the software or cloud industries.
• Experience and deep knowledge of Oracle systems (Oracle E-Business suite, Oracle EPM, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, etc.).
• Experience with Oracle migrations, upgrades, and high availability architectures.
• Bachelor's degree, certifications, or similar experiences desired. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working with global, enterprise customers requiring highly available, fault tolerant systems.
• Experience writing, publishing technical whitepapers, and evangelizing.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven ability to deliver results in a matrixed organization
• 50% Travel expected.
What if I'm not an expert in all the above? That's okay. We hire people who have a passion for learning, and are curious to build, learn and grow. You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. You will have plenty of opportunities to build your technical, leadership, business and consulting skills. This will include formal and on the job training, and a chance to learn and upskill through AWS certification courses and mentorship. You will learn from and collaborate with some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
If you want to work with the best cloud technologies from the world's leading cloud provider, apply now. We can't wait to see what you build here. Come build the future with AWS.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we welcome all builders. We believe that technology should be built in a way that's inclusive, accessible, and equitable. We're committed to putting in the work for more equal representation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.