Solution Architect - Technology - Financial Services Advisory - Sydney
Our Financial Services IT Advisory team provides service offerings including IT Strategy and Transformation; Major Program Transformation; Enterprise Solutions; Digital & Emerging Technologies and Data & Analytics. We advise executives on how to improve the business using technology, transitioning organisations from legacy to innovative technology.
As an IT Advisory professional, you'll help businesses realise the value they can gain from their IT investments through supporting strategy and being a key growth driver.
As part of a high-performing team you'll deliver exceptional client service, providing advice on how technology enablement, digital transformation and enterprise intelligence contribute to performance improvement, as well as how IT can act as a multiplying effect during major program transformations. In return for your efforts you will be exposed to interesting projects with some of the major players within the industry. Your key responsibilities
In your role you will:
Skills and attributes for success
- Work collaboratively with clients, establishing a business-driven vision for the future of their IT systems, processes and infrastructure through the application of leading practices and improving their capabilities
- Develop a structured view of the operational interactions between the application and infrastructure components and build a road map of the future state.
Looking for suitable candidates with 'some or many' of the following skills and experience -
- Up to date knowledge of digital, cloud and other emerging technologies
- Ability to articulate technical solutions to stakeholders and build strong business relationships
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Technology architecture experience, including but not limited to enterprise, solution, infrastructure, security and data architecture
- Risk management experience and technology enablement
- Willingness to learn and adapt to rapidly changing environments and client demands.
- Strong interest in further developing industry and deep content knowledge in the Financial Services area.
- Ability to work independently and being a part of a broader team
- Demonstrated project delivery experience.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Enterprise and/or Solution Architecture definition and governance experience
- Business and technical analysis and requirements development experience
- Willingness to learn, show a high tech aptitude with a great attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing industry and deep content knowledge in the Financial Services area.
Ideally you will also have one or more of the following
What we look for
- General consulting experience, experience in Technology consulting, developed Target Operating Models
- Experience in the financial services industry - Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth/Asset Management or Insurance
We're interested in candidates with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about Technology Advisory and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and the value you bring. Our Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working, career development, and an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings. We are happy to consider formal and informal flexible working arrangement. To find out how some of our people are using these arrangements to help them achieve a lifestyle balance, please click here . Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network. These provide our people with the opportunity to connect across offices and allow us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. About EY
As a global leader in assurance , tax , transaction and advisory services , we're using the finance products, knowledge and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding these opportunities, the minimum salary for more junior positions is $70,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2018 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.