Solution Architect - Marketing Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details
As a key member of our Marketing Cloud Professional Services team, a Solution Architect is an experienced, strategic consultant, who can lead our key customer engagements. They understand and translate business and technical requirements, into comprehensive solutions, and advise our customers leveraging their industry experience and deep functional knowledge of Marketing Cloud. They do this by collaborating closely with our customers, as well as our strategic and technical architect team members to assess, design, document and recommend solution options based on best practices, customer objectives, proactive risk management, and constraints.
Solution Architects are strong presenters and facilitators, with the ability to drive and deliver to an outcome. They are proficient at analysing issues and obstacles, provide informed recommendations, and choose appropriate courses of actions. They are also passionate about contributing to thought leadership and best practices - both internally in our Community and externally in the marketplace. Responsibilities
- Lead consultative engagements with customers on the technical and business challenges related to their digital marketing initiatives.
- Complete Solution ownership from requirements gathering to solution delivery working with variety of technical / non technical stakeholders, including business process mapping and gap analysis.
- Create, manage and present an actionable business requirements document /blueprint that aligns a customer's business needs to Salesforce Marketing Cloud & associated products.
- Present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud architecture and integration capabilities.
- Conducts solutions presentations and obtains customer acceptance to solution design. Guides customer through Solution deployment
- Create architecture diagrams and flow charts on both system architecture and detailed solution levels.
- Provide thought-leadership to our clients on digital marketing domain and modern marketing operation
- Managing 1-4 concurrent client engagements and work with associated team members.
- Actively participate in the community delivering reusable assets, success stories and helping the community grow.
- Support Account Executives and Go To Market teams with sales opportunities by validating solutions & identifying opportunities in existing accounts.
- Travels to client sites for onsite discovery and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrable customer-facing consulting experience of solution design & technical delivery of Software As A Service platforms / equivalent.
- Experience leading customer facing discovery sessions to conceptualise and design complex business solutions.
- Experience documenting customer problems and software solutions using business requirement document(s), wireframes, diagrams, workflows and mockups.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end-user, and executive audiences
- Strong understanding of SOAP APIs, REST APIs and integration architectures.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Experience with Marketing Cloud implementations, with 2+ years direct experience on the platform
- Past experience with writing light-weight MS SQL and AMPscript preferred
- A positive "Yes I can" attitude
- Great communication & diagramming skills
- Proven results leading customer and/or partner success stories
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and consulting experience are strongly recommended
- Marketing Cloud certifications strongly preferred (Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Consultant). Similar certifications against other MAPs a plus (IBM/Unica, SAS, Adobe, Oracle, Teradata)
- Related experience with Salesforce CRM (Sales, Service, Community) preferred
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodology, ceremonies and tools
- Adaptable to frequent changes and ambiguity as we evolve and grow our practice
- Understanding of sales process and methodologies preferred
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.