Solution Architect - Automation
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM GBS IBM Automation service line is a team of industry experienced, strategy, business, and technology consultants who collaborate with our clients to co-create a cognitive automation agenda for their businesses. This is a growing practice and the members of this team are the consultants and architects of cognitive automation for our clients.
Our Cognitive Process Automation practice is looking for Automation Architects - who have experience in solution and technical architecture; and solution definition using a range of automation products/ platforms.
They will work closely with customers, business SMEs and the broader automation team throughout the pre-sales and development lifecycle.
This is an opportunity to be part of building Intelligent Automation solutions for our customers. What will I Be Doing As An IBM Automation Solution Architect?
What Technical and Professional Experience Will I Need?
- Drive the automation strategy for our customers and partner with them to drive the benefit realisation
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor, drive conversations with other Enterprise Architects and Business Stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Requirements Analysis and Application Governance.
- Advise and mentor diverse teams, which include customer and partner resources in technical and functional delivery aspects at a program level, using influence and adaptive communication strategies in scenarios where an architect does not have direct authority over all resources.
- Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies on enabling technologies
- Leading functional solution architecture & design, application and integration development best practices, enterprise architecture standards, environment management andtesting
- Manage customer expectations and negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Build relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single customer engagement. Play the role of liaison between business stakeholders and technical experts.
- Contribute to the growth of the Services practice by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, leveraging junior teammates to achieve individual as well as team growth; serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical IBM, customer and partner colleagues
- Experience as a Functional/ technical Architect or Consultant in a mid to large sized organization
- Proficient technical understanding in one or more automation products/ platforms (RPA - BluePrism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere, OCR, BPM/ ODM and NLP)
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall implementation methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, development, and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies that drive increased business value.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop/present materials that are appropriate for the audience.
Ready to join us?
- Accreditation in BluePrism, Automation Anywhere or UI Path
- Possess required skills and education/ Bachelor degree required
- Maintain and grow a working knowledge of technology innovation trends and the applicability of practices to the implementation of such technologies as Robotics, IoT, Blockchain, Cognitive and Advanced Analytics.
- Expect interstate and international travel, including sustained periods of Fly-in/Fly-out (FIFO) engagements within Australia, estimated to be up to 50% of the year.
- Be required to submit for Defence security clearance (baseline) and potentially at NV or PV level.
To be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and leaders - people who want to make an impact, share their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. Keep reading. Sign Me Up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise