Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth through working with key stakeholders and business, portfolio and platform Architects, technical lead & engineers to define the detailed solution design (incl. Story Decomposition) for stories in backlog. Responsibilities:
• Accountable for ensuring the products & services are supported by the right architectures and solutions meet the customer needs.
• Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities.
• Work with Ops Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc.) are resolved and that any design related issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Convert requirements into actionable product/service requirements that feed Technology solutions development & influence service direction.
• Responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function.
• Present solutions to various architecture domains and forums.
• Working on multiple projects simultaneously covering a wide variety of technology and business areas.
• Articulate recommendations and provide relevant feedback during vendor selection process.
• Follow and adhere to architecture governance framework. Qualifications
• Retail Banking knowledge and experience is an advantage.
• Coming from a developer background would be highly advantageous
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields
• Expertise and experience in architecting solutions in different business and technology domains.
• Experience in cloud technology is a bonus
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to pick up technology solutions quickly and incorporate it into business needs
• Understand IT roadmaps and adhering / providing a pathway towards it.
• Good all round understanding IT Security and Data governance.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.