Software Technical Architect
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk. This role can be Melbourne or Sydney based.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be at the forefront of change
- Join a global company and make real impact
- Permanent opportunity in our Sydney or Melbourne Office
Your mission as a Software Technical Architect is to drive the client on the adoption of the IBM Hybrid Cloud Platform to win the battles for the Architecture Decision Points across A/NZ. You are an expert at integrating IBM's Hybrid Cloud software into solutions to solve client business challenges. You'll use architectural methods, including IBM design thinking and solution design methods to develop the client's transformational/innovation road map as well a clearly defined, opinionated solution architectures to address Client's immediate problems. You'll engage the client in "show not tell" interactions to demonstrate the value of IBM technology and solutions in the context of their industry situation and immediate business or technical challenge. When necessary, you'll thoughtfully engage the balance of the IBM technical community, including Garages and technical specialists to assure your client benefits from IBM's deep skills in key technical areas.
This role can either be based in Sydney or Melbourne What else will I be doing day to day?
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- Showing the client, the value of IBM technology through their hands on knowledge and experience with IBM hybrid cloud technologies
- Using an innovative mind set they define solutions to near term opportunities, as well as layout an innovation roadmap for future value-added investment
- Identifying Opportunities in one or more areas that include Architectural Control Points, where winning results in longer term client relationships
- Engaging with client C-suite to provide credible, trusted advice to client technical executives (CIOs, CTOs) and well as LOB owners, offering an opinionated POV that provides real business ROI
- Encouraging the wider deployment of IBM platform technologies through excellence in technical justification and client financial return
- Defining a clear path to break your client out of a constrained SO model and into the flexibility and growth that Hybrid Cloud solutions offer clients
- Accelerating deals by employing technical best practices and reuse of valuable assets
You will take a cross-portfolio, business problem-solution approach to achieve client objectives. You will also work closely with the Dealmakers and Software Sales leaders to tailor proposals to client's specific business needs and to beat the competition in support of the Software revenue goals. As such, you will have access and influence of key customer decision-makers. Accordingly, your technical direction and input to IBM's sales teams and senior sales leaders will be key to defining and executing IBM's sales and technical sales strategies for the target accounts. Other skills and experience
- Software Solution Design experience
- Software Technical pre-sales experience
- Prior experience of Technical Leadership
- Knowledge of at least two IBM Software Products
- Experience of business and Problem-solving in a complex environment
- Demonstrated proposal and Tender Response writing
Due to the nature of work, the successful applicant must have full working rights in Australia without sponsorship. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise