Senior Software Engineer – C# .NET Core Microservices / API Expert – Sydney
Role Overview Markets Risk Technology Squad
- Software engineering role with diverse data related accountabilities and people engagement
- Must have previous microservice and API experience – preferably including maintaining multiple versions of API
- Must have experience in C# .NET CORE, REST and JSON
- Must have used some of the following – containerisation, reverse lookup, service discovery, load balancing, telemetry, identity services
Our squad resides in the Fixed Income and derivative trading business and have a responsibility to provide normalised and aggregated data to our clients.
This role requires an experienced C# API / Microservices developer to be involved in the architecture and development of the future Market Risk Viewing solution.
The future Market Risk Technology architecture will look to target a microservices back end with a micro front end. The back end will need to be REST / JSON compliant Role requirements The type of person we are looking for:
- A self-starter that enjoys a challenge and working in an agile environment
- Someone who takes pride in their work and will complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision
- Someone who can interface with both technical and business teams within Market Risk
- Who will develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders to ensure that all system requirements are developed and implemented with the customer in mind
- Who enjoys learning new technologies and new ways of working
- Take ownership of design, documentation and development of the solution
- Drive continuous improvements of the system development practice and processes
- Review all deliverables to ensure quality and conformance to standards
- Extraction of data and understanding of how to leverage the data to create value and respond to customer requirements for information
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Have good communication skills and are able to work effectively with colleagues located both onshore and offshore
- Work closely with developers, business and project managers from other teams or projects
- Excellent telephone consulting skills to gather requirements
At ANZ we aim to provide a flexible working environment.
- Ability to architect and develop C# API solutions using REST / JSON including versioning. Several years’ development experience in c#.NET CORE is preferred
- An understanding of API considerations
- In depth understanding of how to develop testable and repeatable code and using CI/CD pipelines and technology such as bitbucket, github, Jenkins, Team City, Circle CI
- An in-depth understanding of high performance multithreaded code is preffered for the role
- Experience in the financial industry, markets would be highly regarded. Alternatively experience in working with various big data tools
- Knowledge of web technologies like HTML5, CSS, Angular, react is helpful
- Experienced with tools such as Git, Maven, JIRA, Confluence and test driven methodologies
- Other technologies that would be desirable but not essential includes: NGINX, Zookeeper, Identity
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Engineering@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page.