Software Development Manager
AWS Network Services operates one of the largest and most complex networks in the world. We build and operate the network that underpins our customers' businesses and aim to provide a network that is indistinguishable from perfect. As part of AWS Network Services, the Network Health team builds the software that allows the AWS network to safely operate and change at incredible scale and speed without customer impact.
The Network Health team is comprised of Software Developers, Systems Development Engineers, Network Engineers, and Data Scientists - and we have multiple patents and patents pending for our pioneering approach. We need a new leader for this incredible team and we think it could be you! You'll work closely with partner and customer teams within the broader AWS Network Services organization. This is an opportunity to join a high-impact team with enormous potential for growth.
We're looking for a leader who is passionate about people, distributed systems, software platforms, and delighting our customers. You will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of your systems and services. You will draw from a breadth and depth of technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work, and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
As a Software Development Manager in AWS, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community that plays a critical role in business planning, works closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented people, and ultimately enables us to deliver for our customers.
As a Software Development Manager at AWS you will:
• Lead, mentor, and hire-for a world-class software development team.
• Lead the design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
• Serve as a lead on demanding, complex, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
• Actively participate in hiring talented people and assisting in the career development of people within and outside your team.
• Play a critical role in the broader business planning; working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements.
• Define long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
• Demonstrate high levels of creativity and the right judgment, most of the time.
• Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
• Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
• 8+ years of industry experience in a similar environment.
• 4+ years of experience managing and developing teams which deliver high impact.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands-on engineering experience in software platforms, large-scale distributed systems, or a related field.
• Prior ownership of the design and operation of mission-critical software.
• Substantial background building and operating large-scale software systems.
• Proven track record of success designing and delivering engineering solutions to customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.