Software Development Manager- AWS - RDS Platform team
DESCRIPTION Looking to be part of a team building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionise the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud where you have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services? Then join us and be part of AWS Relational Database Service.
The AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all handled in an automated fashion by our control systems. For more information about RDS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and self-motivated engineering leader to solve platform and tooling challenges at a massive scale. You will lead teams that design and deliver services for extensive scalability and manageability of AWS RDS.
As a Software Development Manager you will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge API services. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• People management, team building and mentoring experience
• 6+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
• 4+ years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural and distributed systems experience
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, software configuration management, and operations
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, C/C++)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Experience with software tooling, particularly large scale configuration management and deployment systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Project management experience with agile development
• Strong experience with stakeholder management
• Statistical analysis understanding or experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status