Software Development Engineer - New AWS Service
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
We are building a brand new AWS product right here in Sydney focused on helping our customers drive towards 100% availability of their applications and workloads. Our team works across the full stack - from highly scalable back end services, massively distributed data processing systems and Machine Learning agents to intuitive UX.
We are an established team of developers with years of experience building AWS services. As we build, we grow and we're looking for software developers that are passionate about delivering amazing software to our customers worldwide who can help us deliver on our lofty product goals. We are looking for full stack software engineers with experience in distributed data, scalability, and system architecture and with exceptional technical expertise and fearless creativity.
On our team you will build with a global focus on customers everywhere, bringing your talent for software development at scale and passion for teamwork to bear. You will have the autonomy and independence to own substantial parts of the problem, with significant opportunity to define your own direction and plans. You will also join our strong development culture which includes regular tech talks, deep dive training and a passion for taking a break around a board game!
If you are passionate about building high impact software with new technologies and are eager to take on and solve challenging problems while delivering an amazing customer experience, then our team is the perfect fit for you. Basic Qualifications
• 4+ years' experience in a large-scale software development environment
• Proficiency in at least on Object Oriented programming language, such as Java, C, C++, C# or Python
• Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Clear communication and mentoring skills
• A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done Preferred Qualifications
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudWatch, ElasticSearch etc.)
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
• Big Ideas