Software Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world!
The AWS Builder Tools organization at Amazon is responsible for internal developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. With thousands of internal developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet
Come join us and redefine how nearly every team at Amazon builds services. In the Managed Resources team you will affect how Amazon developers interact with the infrastructure needed for their production system. With a delightful customer experience and Amazon's peculiar requirements in mind, the Managed Resources team is building a brand new experience for enabling engineers create and manage their service's underlying infrastructure including hosts, secrets, databases, and more.
We're aiming to provide a fully managed customer experience for our existing large userbase. The systems and services we're building will have a tremendous impact on speed-to-delivery and release safety of new and existing services and features across the whole company. Your customers will come from all parts of the company and you'll have opportunities to learn and influence their products and how they build customer experiences.
Ideal candidates are passionate about optimizing the software development experience at a very large scale in a cloud-based computing environment. You'll have strong technical skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You like to learn new technologies and industry trends, and get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges to empower developers and ultimately help Amazon continue to build great software, fast.
If you join us, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to work on a highly visible team, helping define how Amazon creates software, influence the success of every software development team (including AWS, Kindle, Retail, Digital, and more to make Amazon the best place to develop software in the world!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of professional experience in a software environment, developing high quality code.
• Proficient in at least one or more object-oriented programming language: Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C++ or Kotlin.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
• Knowledge of designing systems that scale through software (architecture, design patterns and reliability).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems, taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Exposure to large-scale distributed storage and database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Graph Databases)
• Have mentored software engineers to help improve their skills, efficiency and productivity.
• Hand on experience with AWS services such as RDS, EC2, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch.
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Delivered software in an environment that utilises Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.