Software Development Engineer
What do we do?
The Envision Engineering team helps customers solve their most interesting business challenges by rapidly developing innovative prototypes using world-class and open-source technologies. We've helped customers by using image recognition to find missing persons, Artificial Intelligence to optimise rideshares and Machine Learning to grade exam answers.
We are a team of problem-solvers and builders who work on our customer's challenges that don't have cookie-cutter solutions. We often don't have the answers right away, and are expected to Dive Deep to figure out the best approach. The code we write provides immediate value for customers by showing how technology can solve their problems.
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest growing, customer obsessed, and innovative companies in the world. You will be able to dive deep into the details on operations and engineering. Everyone is a leader at . You will have a lot of ownership and autonomy. You will face unique challenges, learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry and build deep expertise in the most sought after skills in the market. You will be part of an exceptional team of product managers and engineers where collaboration is highly valued, where innovation is something that happens every day, where taking risks is encouraged, and every day is Day One.
You'll have access to a wealth of Amazon internal training, including instructor-led courses and talks from experts. This will give you the opportunity to become an expert, gaining valuable expertise in services used in Machine Learning, IoT, image recognition, chat bots, and Big Data. We will provide the environment and support to learn any new tools, libraries or frameworks.
What will you do?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will;
• Design, develop, test and deploy well-architected software
• Feel a real sense of achievement from completing and delivering projects in less time than you thought possible.
• Get hands-on with a range of technologies and practice a range of disciplines: back-end, front-end, DevOps, machine learning, data science, data architecture. We are curious generalists who don't pigeon-hole ourselves as particular "flavours" of engineer and never say "that's not my job".
• Collaborate with customers through full engagements; you'll learn about their business challenges, rapidly design and develop prototypes to solve them, showcase the functionality you've written in demos and finally see the difference you've made when customers deploy solutions into their production environments.
• Work with the latest services and open-source technologies to build your prototypes. You'll always be encouraged to pick the right tools for the job.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience building scalable and extensible production software systems
• 1+ years of recent experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree or Advanced Degree in a STEM field, such as Math, Computer Science, Engineering
• Experience with Agile Software Development Methodologies
• Ability to audit and provide constructive feedback on technical designs, code, project plans, and project execution
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience building in environments. knowledge is preferred, but not essential
• Familiarity with professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Data privacy: The required General Data Protection Regulation privacy language is embedded in the Amazon.jobs site and does not need to be listed separately for each job. However, if the job will be posted or shared on a third-party site that does not link back to an Amazon application system, the tagline below must be included: Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.