Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION Amazon's Security Engineering is looking for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about building scaled software supporting the high-tempo needs of security operations at Amazon. intelligence, detection, monitoring, hunting, and response. Forensics, malware, security analysis and machine learning. If these concepts interest you - read on! As the ideal candidate for this role, you will:
• have experience in shipping software designs and partnering with systems engineers, development engineers and technical program managers
• demonstrate great passion for customers, agility and adaptability in the face of fast changing business requirements and innovation
• take an active part in leading the design and vision for software/tooling used to keep Amazon's customers safe
• ship software in a fast-paced environment and collaborate on new approaches to building and serving Amazon's security
Our systems/products are critical path and used by security engineers daily in their quest to defend Amazon and its customers against internal and external threats. The role reports to a Software Development Manager located in Seattle, USA with a geographically distributed team across Seattle and Sydney.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 6+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction applications in a 24/7 dev ops environment
• 6+ years of industry experience in software development with Java, C#, or other similar object-oriented language
• Experience with software development methodologies like Kanban, SCRUM, or Scrumban; ability to communicate and interpret requirements documented via user stories or technical specs.
• Experience with full stack development teams, owning APIs, UIs, and data stores. Operating software in data centers or cloud environments
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Understanding of DevOps and operational support of software in production; build tolls and CI/CD
• Experience with Amazon Web Services tech stack is a plus. Working knowledge of core AWS products [S3, Lambda, Dynamo, RDS, ELBs, Route53 etc.]
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to partner with engineers, program managers, and customers
• Ability to think outside of the box, innovating and driving product vision for the space, focusing on goals and needs of end customers
• Ability to deal with high degree of ambiguous/undefined set problems; ability to think abstractly and big, solutioning on your feet
• Proficiency with backlog management, Agile software development management practices and writing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.