- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd
- 21 Apr 19
SIG is looking for a Software Developer to join a team on the Options Trading Desk that is responsible for developing software for our primary trading platform. On this team, you will be working on high profile systems that are used by traders across our firm. We are developing high performance systems in a rapid turnaround environment.
If you join our team, you will:
- Design and develop software applications to solve complex market-driven requirements primarily targeting the options trading desk and supporting operations
- Develop components across the full stack using C# and C++.
- Contribute to all phases of SDLC, from initial requirements through final testing and implementation
SIG Engineers Are:
- Able to execute on ideas quickly
- Committed to innovation
- Work across the entire technical stack with an eye for optimization, scalability, stability while minimizing risk
- Passionate about technology and exploring new technologies to find the optimal solution
- Skilled in object oriented software design
Who We Are:
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with an entrepreneurial mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making. We commit our own capital to trade financial products around the world. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance, low latency trading. Our traders, quants, developers, and systems engineers work side by side to develop and implement our trading strategies. With experts in almost every discipline, we build some of the most powerful trading systems in the financial industry.
By integrating sophisticated coding techniques with innovative engineering ideas, we design and optimize systems that can process massive amounts of data while ensuring high performance and stability. Working with traders and quants, our systems engineers, network architects, technical analysts and software developers create industry-leading technical solutions.
What we're looking for
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline (If you have equivalent technical experience instead, that will work too!)
- 4 - 10 years of progressive experience developing software applications.
- Hands on experience developing large scale applications in C#.
- Experience in C++ preferably on the Windows platform
- Prior experience building Options, Trading, Market data or Exchange connectivity systems is not essential but will be highly regarded.
- A passion for new and creative solutions utilizing different technologies, platforms and languages.