Snr Project/Program Officer, Group Operations & Technology
x2 opportunities available
- You are self-driven, organised and analytical minded
- We are forward thinking and innovative
- Together we can support the Group Operations delivery of complex projects and programs
Operations Technology provides technology and automation support and services to Group Operations. Group Operations provide support and fulfilment functions and is one of three key Enterprise Services business areas responsible for the running of services. We have more than 3,000 employees working in the following business areas: Home Lending Operations, Markets Operations, Regulatory Control Operations, Consumer Finance Everyday Banking Operations and Commercial Banking Operations. Your Impact
You will play a key role in supporting Project Director and Project Managers in project administration, monitoring and reporting tasks to support the delivery of complex and challenging projects and programs. You'll achieve this by drawing on a variety of project management, communication & organisational skills. Do work that matters
This is a great opportunity to be involved and gain exposure within a strategic and complex program. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist in project management processes e.g. run steering groups, status reporting, timesheet management, cost management and benefits tracking
- Proactively monitor delivery progress and benefits realisation in accordance with Group policies and procedures
- Coordinate program and project meetings including the distribution of papers, development of agendas and minute taking
- Assemble, maintain and collate project information to produce coordinated, consolidated and timely reporting, for example, risks and issues, milestones, resources, financials, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for management and other program and project governance groups
- Draw insights from reports and share them with relevant project/program resources and stakeholders.
- Evaluate effectiveness of project management tools, processes and methodologies, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
Undertake any other tasks assigned by your manager that you have the capability to perform safely in line with relevant internal Group policies and external regulatory requirements What are we looking for?
In this pivotal role you will see yourself working closely with several senior stakeholders, you will need strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage these key relationships. You will draw on your knowledge and experience in project management, PMO processes and Solution Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) to drive success. Some of the key capabilities we're looking for are;
- Good understanding of Project Management and strong experience as a project coordinator
- Analytical minded - ability to understand clearly, articulate and communicate problems with proposed solutions to stakeholders
- Structured, organized, planned and prepared approach
- Strong attention to detail and quality of deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proficient PC skills e.g. MS Office suite, MS Projects
- Agile / Scrum experience is a plus
- Hands on experience on HPE Project and Portfolio Management Centre (PPMC) tools is highly desirable
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
CommBank is recognised as leading the industry in IT and operations with its world-class platforms and processes, agile IT infrastructure, and innovation in everything from payments to internet banking and mobile apps. If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 28/10/2020