Shareworks - Business Development
About The Shareworks by Morgan Stanley
Shareworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morgan Stanley and currently has over 800 employees across the world and offices from San Francisco to Barcelona, London to Germany, and Hong Kong to Australia. We've cemented our success by hiring fantastic people who believe in providing excellent customer service, value collaboration across the globe and the importance of consistently innovating and evolving with us. Our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for more exceptional people to write the next chapter with us. Overview of the Role
Located in Sydney, the successful candidate is a passionate sales person and "hunter", who will carry the responsibility for managing the full sales cycle, from prospecting to contracted sales. Specifically, developing relationships with prospective customers and identifying new sales opportunities. You will be a primary driver of expanding our business and sharing the value of what we provide to prospective clients. You will qualify leads from marketing activity while also working with your team to actively prospect into named accounts. What you'll do:
• Build meaningful relationships with industry specialists and executives such as Company Secretaries, HR and Finance professionals
• Deliver profitable new business sales revenue against an individual sales quota as a result of these relationships
• Identifying new trends in the marketplace, monitor competitive activity and gather market intelligence on equity compensation issues
• Manage a complex and potentially prolonged sales process for key strategic opportunities
• Work closely with internal cross-functional teams to ensure that every client has a positive onboarding experience
• Continued engagement with sales prospects to review their requirements, and matching those requirements to our solutions (often a detailed needs-based - or solutions-based - consultative sales approach).
• Represent Shareworks at industry events and seminars
• Periodic travel within Australia as required Qualifications: What you bring:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem solving skills
• Minimum 5 years' experience in Sales
• Ambitious and self-motivated in a quota-carrying environment
• Demonstrated success selling SaaS solutions to ASX 100 companies in a B2B or consultative sales capacity
• Proven ability to prospect, and develop productive relationships with senior decision-makers at potential client companies
• Existing networks in Company Secretarial, Finance and Human Resources, highly regarded
• Ability to work independently and with a small team in a fast-paced and competitive environment
• Excellent presentation, telephone, Microsoft Office and professional writing skills
• Understanding of Salesforce desired, but not required
• Understanding of equity compensation and related solutions (e.g., stock options, rights, restricted shares, employee share purchase plans) would be an asset Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.