Service Operations Manager
Reporting to the Production Services Manager, you will govern the application support and maintenance for a portfolio of applications, ensuring high system availability, reliability and sustainability of the supported business services.
How will I help?
- Permanent Full-time role based in Sydney
- Work with a close-knit team with high performance
- Strong focus on Service Quality related to IT delivery
You will be part of Group Technology, Service Operations, a team that is responsible for Run the Bank (RtB) functions, service stability, performance, support, availability and monitoring of a given IT Technology Services for the Westpac Group.
This team encompasses L1 & L2 RtB support, ensures smooth transition of escalations between all levels of support and has a good understanding of how their service integrates with others, maintaining a high level of consistency of Service Operations amongst all IT Services. As a Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
What's in it for me?
- Ensuring that Service Quality is maintained at the highest level on behalf of the customer, owning issues and improvements across all parts of their service
- Ensuring alignment and adherence to the Technology Controls to mitigate risks and meet regulatory obligations that exist in our operating environment
- You will have good understanding of how your service integrates with others and will maintain an ongoing understanding of business strategies, evolving technologies, regulations, legislations, market changes & security changes which may impact or evolve delivery of their service
Joining Westpac has many benefits besides building a long and stable career. You'll be able to purchase leave to facilitate your dreams or obligations and you'll be encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and secondments. You'll also be entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us. What do I need?
What's it like to work there?
- A background in service management delivery and operational management
- Experience in IT application support, Interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of customer service and ability to foresee potential impacts to the customer to ensure service quality
- Extensive experience in ITIL Operations with detailed knowledge of systems management and operational processes and a track record of supplier management and risk management
- Experience in change, problem and crisis management as they relate to IT delivery
- Experience working in a large and complex organisation, preferably in the financial services industry
- An experienced people leader with a track record in mentoring, developing and inspiring a high performing team
- Experience in managing third parties and external service providers
We aim to provide one big, supportive team to help us reach our vision to become one of the world's great service companies. Working with us you'll discover new ways of working, and an exciting range of roles to showcase your skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture where people can be their best, in an environment that values diversity and flexibility. And one where everyone belongs. How do I Apply?
Start here. Just click on the APPLY
The health and wellbeing of our employees is our priority and we will ensure that physical distancing requirements are met in all our workplaces as long as required.