Senior UX Designer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details Location: Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra
Salesforce Experience Design is a group of passionate designers who build transformational products and experiences by turning human insights into business impact at Salesforce scale.
Playing an integral part in Cloud Services, we partner alongside Service, Sales, Marketing, IT, and Human Capital Management Lines of Business across all industry verticals to help customers unleash the full power of Salesforce through a design-centric approach delivering useful, usable and desirable experiences'
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Salesforce is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
As part of Salesforce Cloud Services Group (CSG), our designers follow a consultant mindset including working with different Salesforce colleagues across various engagements, willingness to travel when required and understanding the value of working on site.
Salesforce has been ranked the world's #1 most Innovative Company by Forbes for 2017, and our core value of Innovation drives our work each day - along with our values of Trust, Growth and Equality. Role Description :
We are looking for a passionate and pragmatic Senior User Experience (UX) Designer who is eager to join a fun, collaborative and innovative team. His/Her role is to understand the business and end-user's needs in order to translate those needs into intuitive, transformational experiences. These experiences are primarily centered around a focus on research, interaction design, and technical feasibility. The Senior User Experience Designer is a team player and assists with various Experience Design activities throughout a project lifecycle and collaborates extremely well with User Interface Designers. Key Accountabilities
Success will be measured by your contribution and collaboration within the Experience Design group as well as within customer-facing engagement - working with teams and customers to create successful outcomes and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Specifically, your areas of focus will be: actively participating in the Salesforce culture, ensuring your skills and role requirements are continuously met, and assisting with Experience Design activities throughout a project's lifecycle.
- Define and create UX concepts based on an understanding of the business requirements and end-user needs through up-front, end-user research
- Prepare and facilitate of a variety of Experience Design activities for client-facing workshops, audits, and customer/stakeholder interviews
- Create a clear strategy from insight to action to effectively produce a variety of outputs such as personas, journeymaps, user flows, information architecture, prototypes, and wireframes as it pertains to business requirements and end-user needs and validate through user testing, when appropriate
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale effectively both verbally and visually
- Follow and identify key industry and technology trends
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands, and timeline
- Participate as a contributor and at times a leader with an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, business analysts, technical and functional architects, and software developers
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members
- Represent Salesforce's vision and values by ensuring all Salesforce certifications and coursework is met, as it pertains to the Experience Design group requirements
- Mentor junior designers
- 5-8 years in-depth knowledge and experience with a Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, alongside cross-functional teams including visual design, user research, and engineering
- Experience using industry-standard software, tools and methodologies (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Axure, InVision, Marvel, Proto.io, etc.)
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Experience pivoting and navigating dynamic and changing situations
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation
- Proactive, self-sufficient and professional, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about delivering design and user experience excellence
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world. Accommodations -
- Design consulting background a plus
- Any video comms experience a bonus
- Knowledge or experience using Salesforce products or similar CRM product
- Experience working across a variety of industries, including B2B and B2C
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.