Senior UC Engineer
Senior Skype/MS Teams Unified Communications Engineer
About the Role
- Driving better experiences for our colleagues
- Join the leader in new technologies for collaboration services
- Highly respected team leading world class transformation
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business.
You will provide technical leadership and decisions regarding Engineering support and designs in order to drive excellence, quality and performance of IT services and portfolios, within the Unified Communications domain. See yourself in our team
The End User Experience (EUX) team consists of approximately 650 staff, with a mix of internal and vendor staff. The End User Experience Platform vision is 'Driving better experiences for our colleagues'. The team has end-to-end accountability for the strategy, design, build and run of all End user Experience products and services used by Bank employees and partners globally.
We know it's about so much more than business success - at Commbank, we keep the customer at the centre of everything we do. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your innovation, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things. Do work that matters:
You are a Senior Skype Unified Communications engineer in the Collaboration team who will oversee and deliver operational performance, have ownership of the Skype and Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Stream technology environment, contribute to designs in order to drive excellence, quality and performance of IT services and portfolios, within a technology domain. Responsibilities:
What skills you will possess:
- Responsible for all changes and SLAs for Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Resolve incidents and service requests for Skype for Business, MS Teams and MS Stream
- Ensure all Skype reporting and incident management is accurate and complete.
- Advice and influence project sponsors and stakeholders on appropriate design, adoption of standardised technology services, and appropriate technology lifecycle. Champion these activities when performing sponsor / stakeholder roles.
- Mentor peers across the EUX team
- Identify and mitigate issues or risks associated with design or solution proposals
- Raise and manage cases with Microsoft
- Maintain scripts and automate BAU tasks through PowerShell and other relevant automation tools
- Roadmap and forecast technology and team composition for the UC team
- Patching of servers (Weekends)
- Remain across emergent IT services that may benefit the Group's strategic direction
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrated experience in Skype for Business configuration and Microsoft Teams
- Experience in working with Enterprise Microsoft environment
- Engineering knowledge and broad experience across technology disciplines, including project management, IT strategy development, and business process, information, application and technology architecture
- Knowledge of all stages of the IT lifecycle
- Operational role experience-incident management experience will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of PowerShell, SQL, Windows server, Microsoft Exchange is an advantage
- Exposure /Certification in network technologies including CCNA, voice telephony is desirable
Your Development and Career Progression:
- Flexible working programs
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Group health fund and award-winning super fund
- Amazing development and career progression program
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 03/06/2020