Senior Technical Support Engineer, Migrations
If you obsess over helping customers solve challenging technical problems? Do you enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world? In this position, you'll engage with a wide range of customers, from start-ups to enterprise level, including Fortune 500 corporations!
Our Migrations Support Engineer position is just the right blend between a technical and customer-facing role, where you focus on providing advanced support and migration expertise to our customers. In this role, you will be working on numerous products across both server and cloud hosting.
If hired into this role, you will join a hardworking team of collaborative engineers across the globe, all united by their customer-centric attitude and passion for solving the gnarliest tech problems out there. In this role:
As a migration specialist, you will be working with Atlassian customers and partners. Helping our customers migrate Atlassian products from server (on-prem) to Atlassian Cloud instances
Lead and participate in customer-facing calls to communicate progress and/or updates on test migrations, run books and Production migrations
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
More about our benefits
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in software support or system administration of end-users
- Experience with databases, with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Ability and expertise to write, review, or modify Scripts (Python, bash/shell)
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with APIs and REST calls
- Worked with various operating systems, such as Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- Proven knowledge of networks
- Experience supporting Java, especially the JVM components
- Strong analytical skills, ability to tackle problems, learn new technologies and enthusiasm to continually evolve as a technical expert
- Exhibit strong team-oriented interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of people and roles
- Exceptional soft skills, both internal and external communications via email, phone and VC
- Demonstrable ability to de-escalate difficult situations with customers
- Exceptional prioritization and organization skills, that allow you to work on multiple customer migrations simultaneously
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.