Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud specialist
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Sep 17
See job description for details
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- New, agile workspace in Barangaroo
- 12 month contract
KPMG is going through some significant transformations in technology and are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team.
Your new role
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide Infrastructure Hosting services to approximately 5000 users across the Australian Firm in a consistent, reliable, secure and efficient manner within agreed service levels.
- Identify and isolate complex server system or service outages performance degradation.
- Respond to client requests
- Identify common issues impacting the business and commencing problem resolution.
- Take on more complex problems of the Hosting Operations Team.
- Implement operational changes required to maintain the integrity of the server products or to return the products to full capability from a degraded state.
- Be the Technical Lead for formal Projects.
- Provide services related to the successful delivery of KPMG's infrastructure to enable the firm to service their clients.
You will have:
- Extensive technical experience in building servers, and maintaining a network environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS
- Strong understanding of Office 365 suite/products
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and TCPIP
- Experience in working within an ITIL environment and providing extensive problem analysis.
- Windows MCSE as a minimum + Tertiary level qualifications, other Microsoft certification or relevant technical experience.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 17 Jul 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time