Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - SAS, Operations and Hadoop About the Role:
Reporting into the Development Manager for Operations in BI Apps tribe for our Chief Data Office team, you will bring in a wealth of strong background in systems and platform engineering, along with solid expertise in operational support of highly available systems. Working with our Big Data specialist team, you will be part of a highly skilled, collaborative and culturally diversified Data Engineering team.
This role would be ideal for an experienced DevOps or Systems Engineer with a strong background in SAS Administration, developing, deploying and managing SAS components across Hadoop or Teradata platforms What skills you will possess:
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrated experience across various SAS components including BASE SAS, midtier web components, Java/JVM configurations, Enterprise Guide, Decision Manager, Integration Studio, Teradata/Hadoop connectivity and SAS Viya are mandatory.
- Strong expertise in deployment and management of BI analytics applications is highly desirable (inclusive of installation, configuration, patching, upgrades, migrations)
- Exposure to Python or Powershell scripting, along with exposure to modern DevOps tools would be highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Commendable skills with operational support of highly available systems, including data backups/recovery, disaster recovery, SSL certificate renewals, encryption, data masking is highly desirable.
- Past experience with deployment and management of containerized applications, developing tooling for improved development processes, and to support continuous delivery, change automation and ITIL would be highly essential.
- A natural ability to effectively influence, communicate and collaborate with multiple technical and non-technical groups of stakeholders, and to constantly work well with a range of internal cross functional teams would be highly desirable.
- Flexible working programs to support your mental well-being!
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at all times
- Group Health Fund and award-winning Super fund to support your financial well-being
- Amazing development and career opportunities to drive your career growth!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 02/10/2020