Senior Support Engineer, DevTools
Atlassian is a terrific place to work. Great products and a fantastic reputation in business and tech have brought in customers globally, including NASA, Sony, and the United Nations. With offices in Sydney, San Francisco, Austin and Amsterdam, we are growing really fast and are full of opportunities!
We're on the lookout for Support Engineers to join our growing team that is serious on pursuing one goal: Making our customers awesome! Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you love solving the deepest, gnarliest tech problems out there? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our world-class collaboration tools.
In this role:
- You will wow our customers and partners by providing quality and timely support.
- You will initiate professional written and verbal interactions with your customers detailing out solutions to their needs with calm, empathetic, mature, and solution oriented views.
- You are passionate to learn new technologies and are responsible for owning customer issues until resolution.
- You are enthusiastic and you put your leadership skills to use by mentoring other support engineers within the team.
On your first day, we'll expect that:
- 3+ years of experience in support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- Experience in the technical support space troubleshooting Java/J2EE (or similar) applications.
- You have a working knowledge (Distributed) Version Control Systems (Git preferred), experience with SQL databases and Linux.
It's also great if:
More about our team:
- You have experience using Atlassian's Bamboo or Bitbucket products
As a Senior Support Engineer, DevTools at Atlassian, you'll be part of an all-star team responsible for Global Support for Bamboo, Bitbucket Server, Fisheye and Crucible. We are not your typical company and this isn't your typical Support job. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy and slow decision-making, and we encourage creative thinking. We want to know your opinion - on everything we do. As part of a Global Support Team, you will be working from our Sydney office with like-minded engineers from other cultures. We offer global opportunities to grow technically and professionally. More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more. More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team . Additional Information
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.