Senior Support Analyst
Role: Senior Support Analyst - FX Support Type: Permanent, full-time How will I help?
- Day to day support of post-trade FX systems, including working with the Business Support team to resolve issues within FX itself and in the overall environment.
- Technical troubleshooting including workflow behavior, system performance, user experience issues, interfaces (batch & realtime), reporting, and overall environment issues
- Respond to queries from interfacing systems (both external and internal to Westpac), assist in resolving data, connectivity, and reconciliation issues
- Complete audit requests (internal and external) in a timely manner
- Involvement in FX project work and ensuring the integrity of the Production environment is maintained and kept as priority over all else
- Investigate and develop fixes for small bugs or functionality issues
- Problem & Incident management
- Change management - Ensure that all change that is deployed into Production is tested and verified. Attend regular meetings to discuss the planning of deployments
- Resolution of major incidents in a time-sensitive environment
- Ensure the batches for FX all complete in a timely manner and the system is up to date by the start of the next business day
- Monitoring of maintenance and capacity (DB sizing, file system sizing/archiving/retention/cleanup, server resources)
- Extensive experience with some version of UNIX/Linux
- Windows 7,10
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Ability to read/understand code is essential. SQL databases
- Ability to read/understand code is essential.
- Service Now/Remedy
- Control M Batch jobs
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Calypso (preferred but not essential)
- App Dynamics (a plus but not essential)
- Ability to troubleshoot and think "outside the box" to resolve rarely seen problems
- Knowledge of trade, deliverable and event life-cycles in FX.
- Able to work in an extremely time-sensitive environment
- Understanding of server resourcing
- SQL scripting
- Interpersonal Skills
What's it like to work there?
- Knowledge of Financial markets products particularly FX
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.