Senior Solution Designer
Role: Senior Solution Designer Business Unit: Group Technology Reports to: Chief Engineer, Westpac Wealth Digital Technology Type: Full-time, permanent
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in a truly transformative scope of work that sees BT delivering a phenomenal customer experience as a source of competitive advantage. We aim to create intuitive, connected, trusted digital experiences for all of our customers, so that they can manage and grow their wealth with simplicity and ease, forever.
The BT Digital and Innovation team is responsible for the strategy, design and building of a digital assets platform for the BT Financial Group across its multiple business units of Advice, Insurance, Superannuation and Platforms. In the Digital context, 'platform' refers to the end to end customer experience, development and packaging of future product offerings, the underlying technology and how we service customers through multiple channels, brands and devices. How will I help?
As an Integration Solution Designer, you are responsible for leading and undertaking analysis, design and proposing 'fit for purpose' IT and business solutions to meet the requirements of a large and complex program of transformative work.
What do I need?
- Drive the end-to-end solution design process across the various BT systems and integrated Bank systems.
- Propose options for the implementation of the agreed architecture and ensure integrity of all build components.
- Network with system SMEs, Architects and Solution Designers across the bank to develop the end-to-end design, drive decisions and outcomes.
- Lead the solution design and develop SME capability to continue to support the program through delivery.
- Develop solution design recommendations deliver end to end
- Technical governance of Interface Specifications
- Assure that the non-functional requirements are met by the proposed solution such as security, reliability etc
- Drive improvements in the Solution Design process
- Work with project management to define key deliverables and activities of solution design
- Negotiating with business owners, system owners, Enterprise Solution Architects, other Solution Designers and relevant SME on the solution design
- Strategic research, synthesis, analysis and recommendations to support technology decision-making
- Maintaining a register of design principles, decisions and associated documentation
- Be the technical adviser to project management and delivery teams
- That key IT controls are in place
What's it like to work here?
- Preferable to have experience across wealth business domains or worked in a related finance industry. Must have experience in integration architecture and web application architecture.
- Ideally 2 to 4 years' experience in the Wealth Management or other related finance industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Customer Focused - is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, including continuous improvement in products and services, as well as establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Solid software development/engineering experience (Specifically related to more than one of the following technologies including Java, Angular, Cassandra, Solr, Spark)
- Exposure to DevOps strategies and technologies.
- Exposure to cloud technologies and hosted platforms (AWS or Axure)
- Exposure to mobile and tablet channel delivery
- Experience with compliance and information security
- Systems integration experience on large programs
- Strong leadership skills with experience of shaping, motivating and driving change within complex environment.
- Experience in a range of development methodologies is desirable
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.