Senior Software Engineer
- Sydney CBD
- Jan 13, 2022
A Senior Software Engineer with a strong technical background and continuing interest in building software applications in the financial sphere Description
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a strong technical background and continuing interest in building software applications in the financial sphere, supported by backend infrastructure and services, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces. Responsibilities
- Build, innovate and administrate the back-end services infrastructure to enable our software design and implement features to improve our customer's experiences.
- Transfer abstract ideas and requirements specifications into actionable engineering tasks.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, and operability.
- Work closely with the frontend developers, business analysts, and product and project management to deliver best in class software.
- Uphold our high-quality engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you encounter.
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for backend engineering and development best practices.
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with other engineers and management. Who you are:
- You are a quick learner and naturally curious about how things work.
- You are flexible. You love to get your hands on the latest and greatest technologies to know how things work.
- You are innovative, love to research and experiment with new ways of doing things, even if they do not always work out.
- You have good verbal and written communication
- You keep the end user in mind with everything that you do, and you want to make the best software possible.
- You care about the success of your group, and you like to share what you know.
Good to Have
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Five or more years of professional work experience in server-side coding or full stack development
- Passion for writing quality code that is clean, testable, secure, and maintainable, with equal documentation capability.
- High attention to details and have an eye for well-factored code and adhere to best practices.
- Knowledge on cloud technologies positioned for a large enterprise
- SSIS and NoSQL experience such as MongoDB
- Experience with microservices architecture and CI/CD
- Atlassian Jira, Azure Cloud DevOps
- C++, Angular
- Financial Services or Superannuation background
- Agile background
- Our company values enthusiasm, passion and ambition.
We are a team of over 2K talented people working together to make a
positive difference and deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
- You'll be working among the very best in the wealth management industry, and we only hire people who are great at what they do and strive to become even better.
- Our commitment to development means there are no boundaries
as to where your talent and skills will take you. Whether you're passionate for
customer service, driven by analytics and insights, a marketing whiz, or an
expert fund administrator, working with us will allow you to thrive and reach
your full potential.
- We celebrate uniqueness, champion individuality, and encourage
diverse opinions. Our is place where you can be you, to be your best