Senior Reporting Analyst
Senior Reporting Analyst Data & BI Solutions | Data and Decision Science, Retail Banking Services
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world's best systems and processes. See yourself in the team:
The Data & Decision Science (DDS) team is responsible for leading the delivery of world-class data, analytics and technology capabilities to improve the financial well-being of our customers and communities.
The Direct Channels Data and BI Solutions team is accountable for best in class operational management reporting for Direct Channel business including Direct Banking, Direct Lending, DC Workforce Planning, and Retail Resolutions for customers.
The key functions of DC BI team are not limited to BAU Reporting, and also involve the support of Business Systems changes, and successful delivery of DC new initiatives and projects. Roles and Responsibilities:
Data Analytics & Reporting
- Design and Development operational and analytic Tableau Dashboard to support business's decision making against performance, KPI and customer experience measurements.
- Conduct thorough data analysis and validation to identify business issues, risks and improvement opportunities.
- Assist with delivering insightful findings underpinned by statistical analysis / modelling, explaining the why behind the what. Constructing insights to help drive better business outcome.
- Provide presentations and business analysis finding to senior stakeholders.
- Able to articulate issues and explain its relevance and significance to stakeholders with proactive approach of providing recommendations
- Continues focus on providing better and improved BAU reporting for internal customers.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests and data analysis requests.
- Support colleagues and maintain awareness of wider analytics requirements across the Direct Channels team.
- Work as Subject Matter Expert together with cross-functional teams to ensure reporting aspects are considered for any projects or systems changes.
- Take ownership of end to end new reports delivery which involves requirements gathering, solution design, report development, testing and sign-off
Data Governance, Risk & Compliance
We are interested in hearing from you, if you are having...
- Follow the data governance principles and practices to ensure the correct use of data.
- Delivery key artefacts as per the delivery framework, i.e. Reporting requirements, solution design document, and data specification documentation, etc.
- Adhere to data risk guidelines, policies & procedures, and ensure the development of the right controls in place on the e2e processes.
- Solid hands-on experience with SQL and SAS to perform data analysis and transformations.
- Proficiency at using data visualisation tools (Tableau preferable).
- Excellent stakeholder management and capable to influence business decisions.
- Confidence in driving problem solving sessions with stakeholders in a structured manner.
- Experience with end-to-end analytic project delivery including scoping work, planning, conducting analysis and making recommendations, analytics support and/or developing presentations.
- Sound written and verbal communication, business partnering, teamwork and collaboration skills, and time management with multi-task skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior exposure to data management frameworks and experience with metadata and data modelling.
- Tertiary qualification or industry experience (computer science, statistics, mathematics or related disciplines)
- Knowledge of Financial Services industry and/or Operational Risk
- Knowledge of Contact Centre reporting or technology is highly desirable.
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team.
- You are capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You are keen to share knowledge with others across the team to cross-pollinate and lift the skillset across the team.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 24/06/2021