Senior Project Manager
- Sydney CBD
- Aug 20, 2021
- $1000 - $1200 pd
Manage and execute projects within a major general insurance divestment program for one of Australia's Leading Banks, for a contract until June 30th 2022.
This leading Financial Institution is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a contract until June 2022 based in Sydney CBD. In this role you will be responsible for leading a project team to manage and execute projects (including complex and challenging projects and programs) as per agreed scope, within budget and to customer expectations.
You will be working within a general insurance separation program across the pricing and analytics stream. Key accountabilities:
- Managing projects/workstreams and programs of work to achieve the project's objectives and business benefits, delivering agreed scope within timeline and budget
- Manage the day-day activities of a Project/workstream team ensuring best practice project standards are implemented.
- Regular and timely reporting and communication of project activities, timelines, impacts and implications to governance forums, project team members, stakeholders and staff
- Develop and maintain robust and achievable project plans to manage and track project deliverables.
- Identifying, monitoring and implementing controls to mitigate key risks and issues
- Track and manage project activities and deliverables to achieve agreed outcomes and identify and develop mitigation strategies to manage project interdependencies.
- Manage and report project expenditures and benefits realisation.
- Build and maintain productive relationships and communications with key stakeholders.
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- 5-7 years of experience managing complex programs.
- Divestment experience highly desirable.
- General insurance or Insurance experience is highly desirable.
- Financial services experience is essential.