Senior Practice Manager - Public Sector - Sydney
Do you have IT experience in Fortune 500 enterprise or Public Sector customers? Have you hired and led teams of consultants to assist Fortune 500 enterprise customers to manage and implement IT related projects? Can you lead an enterprise customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid cloud operations? Can you build and lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business results using cutting edge technologies?
At Amazon Web Services Limited, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants to help AWS customers and partners develop technical expertise and deliver cloud based solutions to key customer engagements. Our consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, assist customers with IT Transformation, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops.
Our consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
We're now adding experienced Practice Manager's to lead these teams of consultants and define, design and drive the cloud-consulting model of the future and help our customers to transition to the AWS platform.
• Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise marketing managers and develop strong customer and partner relationships to build a growing consulting business within Australia
• Sell cloud consulting engagements - that can span from short on-site consulting projects proving the value of AWS services to massive cloud migration consulting projects that include the movement of thousands of applications and the automation of the cloud infrastructure to house them.
• Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, marketing, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), etc.
• Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized consulting engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
• Lead great people - attract top IT talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated experience in leading an application development, modernisation or migration practice, including team management
• Experience in developing Service GTM, proposition creation, and pipeline development for a professional services business
• Leading sales proposals, scoping of projects, and deal closure
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure, DevOps, IT Transformation, Big Data and Application Migration.
• Demonstrated experience in developing service propositions and taking them to market to unique value to our customers
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of IT services and solutions PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global IT transformation projects.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!